The best Genshin Impact Hu Tao build
Looking for the best Genshin Impact Hu Tao build? Hu Tao wields a polearm and is a Pyro based five-star character – the perfect combination for a deadly DPS dealer. You can discover part of her backstory by participating in the Papilio Charontis Chapter story quest.
According to the game’s lore, Hu Tao is the 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. She loves to cause trouble and is said to have a very ‘punch-able face’. What makes Hu Tao an interesting character is her elemental skill which allows her to enter the Paramita Papillo state. In this state, all of her attacks become Pyro attacks and they receive a damage boost based on her max health.
Pyro characters typically do well on our Genshin Impact tier list, but only time will tell where Hu Tao ends up. We are confident this build should transform Hu Tao into one of the best DPS dealers in the entire game.
BEST GENSHIN IMPACT HU TAO DPS BUILD
As mentioned earlier, Guide to Afterlife is the key to dealing damage with Hu Tao as each of her attacks are transformed into Pyro attacks. To get the most out of this elemental skill, look for Genshin Impact artifacts that feature health, Pyro damage, and crit rate.
The four-piece Crimson Witch of Flames set is perfect for Hu Tao, increasing her Overloaded and Burning damage by 40%, as well as all Vaporize and Melt damage by 15%. There’s also the added perk you receive when using Hu Tao’s elemental burst, increasing the two-piece set bonus from 15% to 50% of its starting value for ten seconds.
Similarly to the recently released Xiao, Hu Tao is a tricky character to play due to her passive talents, specifically Sanguine Rouge. Sanguine Rouge encourages the player to keep Hu Tao at 50% health or below to receive a 33% damage bonus, but this can be incredibly risky against powerful enemies. This puts healers in a difficult position as they have to learn to treat Hu Tao differently compared to the rest of the game’s characters.
It’s difficult to determine the best team composition involving Hu Tao, but we would think it looks similar to Diluc’s ideal party. The idea is to create elemental reactions, so pairing any Cryo characters with Hu Tao should work well. Want to go for a glass cannon approach? Try using Ganyu alongside Hu Tao to activate Melt as often as possible. If healing Hu Tao proves to be too difficult, it might be best to use Zhongli as a support character instead. Zhongli’s Jade Shields are great for blocking incoming attacks, allowing you to keep Hu Tao protected while maintaining her low health.
The Genshin Impact beta revealed the Staff of Homa, a new five-star Polearm with a high attack bonus and critical rate. This weapon features a similar effect to Sanguine Rouge; it boosts Hu Tao’s attack bonus by an additional 1% of her max health. If the Staff of Homa remains the same as it was in the beta, this will be the go-to weapon for Hu Tao. If you don’t have any five-star Genshin Impact weapons, Deathmatch works well as its effect grants an attack and defence bonus depending on the number of enemies on the battlefield.
GENSHIN IMPACT HU TAO ABILITIES
Normal attack: Secret Spear of Wangsheng
- Normal Attack: Performs up to six consecutive spear strikes
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE damage upon impact
Elemental Skill: Guide to Afterlife
Hu Tao consumes a set portion of her health to knock the surrounding enemies back and enter the Paramita Papilio state.
- Increases Hu Tao’s attack based on her max health at the time of entering this state. Attack bonus gained this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao’s base attack
- Converts attack damage to pyro damage, which cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion
- Charged attacks apply the Blood Blossom effect to the enemies hit.
Increases Hu tao’s resistance to interruption
- Enemies affected by Blood Blossom will take Pyro damage every four seconds. This damage is considered elemental skill damage
- Each enemy can be affected by only one Blood Blossom effect at a time, and its duration may only be refreshed by Hu Tao herself
- Paramita Papilio ends when its duration is over, or Hu Tao has left the battlefield or fallen
Elemental Burst: Spirit Soother
Commands a blazing spirit to attack, dealing Pyro damage in a large AoE. Upon striking the enemy, Hu Tao regenerates a percentage of max health. This effect can be triggered up to five times, based on the number of enemies hit. If Hu Tao’s health is below or equal to 50% when the enemy is hit, both the damage and health regeneration are increased.
Genshin Impact Hu Tao Constellations
- Crimson Bouquet: While in Paramita Papilio state activated by Guide to Afterlife, Hu Tao’s charge attacks do not consume stamina
- Ominous Rainfall: Increases the Blood Blossom damage by the amount equal to 10% of Hu Tao’s max health at the time the effect is applied. Additionally, Spirit Soother will also apply the Blood Blossom effect
- Lingering Carmine: Increases the Level of Guide to Afterlife by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15
- Garden of Eternal Rest: Upon defeating an enemy affected by Blood Blossom that Hu Tao applied herself, all nearby allies in the party (excluding Hu Tao herself) will have their crit rate increased by 12% for 15 seconds
- Floral Incense: Increases the Level of Spirit Soother by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15
- Butterfly’s Embrace: Triggers when Hu Tao’s health drops below 25%, or when she suffers a lethal strike. Hu Tao will not fall as a result of the damage sustained. Additionally, for the next ten seconds, all of her elemental and physical resistance is increased by 200%, her crit rate is increased by 100%, and her resistance to interruption is greatly increased. This effect triggers automatically when Hu Tao has one health point left. Can only occur once every 60 seconds
Genshin Impact Hu Tao Passive Talents
- The More The Merrier: When Hu Tao cooks a dish perfectly, she has an 18% chance to receive an additional “suspicious” dish of the same type
- Flutter By: When Paramita Papilio state activated by Guide to Afterlife is over, all allies in the party (excluding Hu Tao herself) will have their crit rate increased by 12% for 15 seconds
- Sanguine Rouge: When Hu Tao’s health is equal to or less than 50%, her Pyro damage is increased by 33%
And that’s all we have for the best Genshin Impact Hu Tao build. You may want to check out our Genshin Impact new characters guide which highlights the characters that are rumoured to be joining the anime game’s roster in the future.