How to craft items in Fortnite – how to make the Hunter’s Cloak
Want to know how to craft items in Fortnite? The big new mechanic for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 is crafting, and actually crafting items will not be immediately obvious for a lot of people. That’s because it isn’t really explained all that well, but then again, that’s what we’re here for: explaining things that games don’t.
Essentially how it works is that you harvest parts to bolt onto your weapons and other devices. There are a certain number of parts that can be found all across the map, but you need to know where to find them and what they make. The interface for making items is also relatively clunky, especially when someone is shooting at you.
So while this guide will initially just explain how to craft items in Fortnite, it will also give you a full list of all the available crafting items, the parts you need and how to harvest them, and the list of recipes for each item so you can make them in-game for yourself. If you’re stuck on how to make the Hunter’s Cloak, you’ve come to the right place.
How to craft items in Fortnite
First thing’s first, you’re going to need to know how to access the crafting menu. To access the crafting menu, press the Tab key, then cycle to the crafting menu by pressing E.
Here you’ll see a list of all the craftable items, which is based on the guns and equipment that you have picked up so far. Once you’ve picked up an item and harvested the actual parts, head into the crafting menu, and click on the item you wish to craft and then click the item you wish to make.
Click the craft button and your character will spend three seconds making the weapon or device. You are vulnerable in this state, so make sure you craft in a safe place.
Fortnite crafting recipes
Here are all of the crafting recipes for all the Fortnite new guns and gear that we’ve found in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6. To make these items, you will need to click on the first item on the list to find the option to make it in the crafting menu:
- Hunter’s Cloak: Meat + Bones x2
- Primal weapons: Weapon + Bones x4
- Mechanical weapons: Weapon + Mechanical Parts x4
- Primal Flame Bow: Primal Bow + Firefly Jar x1 or Gas Cannister x1
- Primal Stink Bow: Primal Bow + Stink Fish x3 or Stink Sac x1
- Mechanical Explosive Bow: Grenade x6 + Mechanical Bow
- Mechanical Shockwave Weapons: Shockwave grenade x2 + Mechanical Bow
Where to harvest crafting parts
So you have a weapon or another item you wish to craft. That’s great and all, but you’re also going to have to find the right items to make those parts, with everyone else trying to kill you and each other. Good luck!
But in all seriousness, there are some items that are relatively easy and safe to come across if you need the parts, but others require hunting the Fortnite animals. Here are some of the crafting parts you need and how to find them:
- Mechanical Gears: Use a pickaxe against any driveable vehicle. You’ll usually drop at least two mechanical gears per vehicle. Can also be found on derelict vehicles.
- Bones: Kill animals to get bones. Any one of the animals that you can hunt in Fortnite will give you bones.
- Meat: Kill animals to get meat. Any one of the animals that you can hunt in Fortnite will give you meat.
- Firefly Jar: Just pick them up when you see the Collect prompt on-screen. They’re usually found in woodland areas and are hard to miss.
You can also find a select few items by talking to any of the Fortnite NPCs, and some will also have them for sale. They do cost 10 gold each though, and since they’re so simple to find otherwise, it’s probably worth just trying to find the parts yourself unless you’re in a tight spot.
How to make the hunter’s cloak in Fortnite
Besides the many guns you can upgrade this season, you can also make an item that wards off monsters. Here is how to make the Hunter’s Cloak in Fortnite:
- Kill an animal to harvest bones and meat. You’ll need two bones and one meat
- Press Tab, then press E to access the crafting menu
- Click on the meat and the recipe for the Hunter’s Cloak will appear
- Click craft and wait three seconds to complete the build
You can then cycle to the Hunter’s Cloak in your inventory and use it to put it on your back. Animals will no longer be hostile towards you as long as you’re wearing the cloak.
And that’s everything you need to know about Fortnite crafting in the new season. We’re still in the process of finding all of the weapon and gear recipes in the new season, but there are plenty of other relevant guides out there. Since Fortnite gold bars is still a valuable resource, you might want to look up how they work in the new season. You may also be interested in learning where the Fortnite golden artifacts locations are, so you can complete that challenge.