Cyberpunk 2077 Gets Its Third Update In a Month – IGN
Hotfix 1.22 is now live across PC, consoles and Google Stadia, and you can read the full patch notes at the end of this story.
This update addresses a number of issues with quests and content in the open world. CD Projekt Red have fixed issues where players could get trapped in quests like Epistrophy and Until Death Do Us Part, and bugs where NPCs like Takemura could get stuck during the quest Down on the Street. Another fix has made it so that players aren’t left without weapons or consumables after interacting with a certain panel during the mission Riders on the Storm.As well as addressing intricate issues like NPC clothes clipping and the tracking of a specific dataterm towards the Frequent Flyer achievement, CD Projekt Red says Hotfix 1.22 will help stabilize the game. It’s said to improve Cyberpunk’s performance via memory management optimisations and GPU tweaks.
The aforementioned optimizations are coming to consoles too, with GPU and ESRAM improvements on Xbox One and memory management improvements on PlayStation 5. Google Stadia players have also been cleared of an annoying bug where they could get soft locked if they entered the key bindings menu without a keyboard attached.
In other Cyberpunk 2077 news, here’s an exclusive preview of a tie-in comic book that explores an urban development project that encroaches on Valentinos gang territory. CD Projekt Red recently said that it had learned a huge lesson after Cyberpunk’s rocky launch, and has committed to major changes in future.The Hotfix 1.22 changes are below:
Quests & Open World
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny’s appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn’t follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako’s parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
- Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.
- GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
- Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.
- It’s no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available
Jordan Oloman is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow him on Twitter.